Get The Look – Bridal Makeup Tutorial by Sarah Brock
Wedding photography by Polly Alexandre
Polly wanted a natural and sophisticated makeup look for her chic London wedding.
Here is a guide to the products I used so that you can recreate the look for your own wedding day.
1. Moisturise the skin using a light moisturiser – Dermalogica’s Active Moist is perfect
2. Always apply a little lip balm to the lips – my favourite is Creme de la Mer Lip Balm
3. To make makeup last longer and the skin look more flawless, apply Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer all over the face
4. Using a foundation brush, I applied Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation all over the face, taking my time to blend well
5. If you need more coverage for under the eyes, the Clarins Instant Concealer is brilliant and for blemishes, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place High Coverage Concealer is amazing
6. Be sure to set your makeup with a fine, translucent powder – my favourite is the Daniel Sandler Invisible Blotting Powder
7. To give you skin a gorgeous bridal glow, apply Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Shade Rose Discretion to the apples of the cheeks, blending upwards and outwards to the hairline
8. For pretty, natural eye makeup, I used Chanel Ombre Contraste Duo inshade Taupe Delicat – simply apply the lighter shade form lashline to brow and then taking the darker shade, apply to the contour and be sure to blend well. I then took a small amount of the darker shade and ran along the lower lashline, blending with a cotton bud to soften.
9. To make eyes ‘pop’ I then applied Daniel Sandler Velvet Waterproof Eyeliner in the brown shade along the upper lashline
10 .Curl lashes and apply Sublime de Chanel Waterproof mascara in Black
11. To make eyebrows look groomed, I simply brushed NARS Brow Gel in shade Kinshasha through the brows as Polly’s were already in a great shape
12. I lined the lips with Too Faced Lipliner in Perfect Pink and the lipstick I used was the Daniel Sandler Luxury Lipstick in shade Pucker, followed by Daniel Sandler Super Gloss in shade Super Charming
Sarah Brock is one of the UK’s leading bridal makeup artists and is the chief makeup artists for Brides Magazine where she also writes a beauty column. She has made up some of Britain’s most famous brides. Her website is www.sarahbmakeup.co.uk and you can follow her @bridalbeautybuz